Aarya Season 3: Release Date, Plot, Cast And Everything We Know
Aarya Season 3 Release: The crime-drama series will be back for the third season. Here’s everything you need to know.
- The third season of Aarya will bring back all the chaos and struggle of Aarya’s life.
- Season 3 is expected to premiere on Disney+ Hotstar in 2023.
Sushmita Sen made an impressive comeback in 2020 with the web series Aarya. The first season of the crime drama series dropped on Disney+ Hotstar on June 19, 2020. Based on the Dutch drama series Penoza, Aarya was renewed for a second season in July 2022. Though the second season failed to repeat the success of the first season, in July this year, director Ram Madhvani announced that Aarya season 3 is in ‘development’.
Earlier this month, a report by Bollywood Hungama claimed that the third season has been dropped. The report claimed that the decision has been taken considering the ‘poor response’ to its second season. However, that report turns out to be false.
Sources close to Disney+ Hotstar confirmed to News18 that the Aarya 3 has not been dropped and rather, the shooting of the show is currently underway.
So, Aarya Season 3 is in production and the fans are super excited about it. Now, the question is when will it be on Disney+ Hotstar? Who will star in it? What’s the plot is going to be? Here we are with each and every detail about Aarya Season 3.
Aarya Season 3 Release Date
As per the sources, the third season is currently in production. So, we are not going to get it in 2022. Season one of Aarya was released on June 19, 2020. The creators announced the second season in July 2020. It took around 1.5 years to get the second season on screens on Dec 10, 2022.
Now, coming to the third season, it was greenlit only in July 2022. The creators would take around a year from here to deliver the third season. So, the earliest we can expect Aarya Season 3 to be on Hostar is in the third quarter of 2023.
Aarya Season 3 Expected Plot
The series is a remake of the Dutch television series Penoza. A woman is the protagonist of the show, and she seeks revenge for her husband’s murder by joining a mafia group. The show depicts Aarya Sareen’s (Sushmita) journey from desperately trying to come out of her late husband’s business of illegal drugs to taking over the business herself and then becoming a mafia leader. She’s portrayed as a tough woman who tries hard to protect her family over and over.
As we have seen Aarya protecting her family in both seasons, the new season is expected to revolve around the same. Will she be trapped in the dirt forever? Or will she start a whole new life with her family?
Sushmita Sen talked about the upcoming season and assured all that it will be a ‘new dawn’. “It is a new dawn for Aarya Sareen, and she is fierce. In season 3, she is going places and starting her own story free from the obstacles of her past. Reprising the role of Aarya is like slipping into old jeans but for a brand-new journey. It feels great to be back with Ram Madhvani and the Disney+ Hotstar team, can’t wait to return the love and appreciation viewers have showered on Aarya,” she had said.
Aarya Season 3 Cast
All the lead cast members who didn’t die in the first and second seasons are expected to return for the next season. Here’s a look at the cast:
- Sushmita Sen as Aarya Sareen, Zorawar’s and Rajeshwari’s daughter, Tej’s Widow, Sangram and Saundarya’s sister and Veer, Arundhati and Aditya’s mother
- Chandrachur Singh as Tej Sareen, Aarya’s husband and Arundhati, Veer and Aditya’s father (Season 1, cameo in Season 2)
- Sikandar Kher as Daulat, Rathore’s Loyal Hitman
- Ankur Bhatia as Sangram Singh Rathore
- Alexx ONell as Bob Wilson (Season 1)
- Namit Das as Jawahar Bishnoi (Season 1)
- Manish Choudhary as Shekhawat (Season 1)
- Akash Khurana as Udayveer Shekhawat (Season 2)
- Viren Vazirani as Veer Sareen, Aarya & Tej’s 1st Child
- Virti Vaghani as Arundhati Sareen (Aru), Aarya & Tej’s 2nd Child
- Pratyaksh Panwar as Aditya Sareen (Adi), Aarya & Tej’s 3rd Child
- Sugandha Garg as Hina Khan
- Priyasha Bhardwaj as Saundarya Singh Rathore
- Sohaila Kapur as Rajeshwari Singh Rathore
- Jayant Kripalani as Zorawar Singh Rathore
- Maya Sarao as Maya Bishnoi
- Vishwajeet Pradhan as Sampat
Expect some new additions to the cast as Aarya starts a new life away from the drug mafia.
Is there any trailer for Aarya Season 3?
Since the third season is still in production, there are no videos or teasers available. However, Disney+ Hotstar released a short video about the third season to be in development.
Where To Watch Aarya?
Aarya is a Hotstar exclusive. You can binge the previous two seasons on the streaming service. The third season will also release exclusively on the platform. Aarya is one of the best crime thrillers in the Indian OTT space. So, do watch it.